PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Real Quickie - Yes /No Advice
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2009, 19:17
Reluctant737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey, life may revolve around money, but it's not all about money,

Again, take any information here with that important pinch of salt, including what I say to you because anything that anyone tells you is 90% based on personal experience. What I will say is that as a whole, this forum breeds negativity; when there's a recession it's mostly "There are no jobs!!" or "The market is flooded with experienced guys, you are just joining the back of the queue!". On the other hand, when there's an economic boom, it's all, "Unfortunately no matter how hard you try, the harsh reality is that most people with the ambition to fly airliners will never achieve it," or "Remember there is always somebody better than you ready to take your place at the interview, is that really worth a £40-100k investment?"

So however you look at it, this really isn't the best place to be asking questions at all (personally I think the site should be shut down but that's another story entirely) - you get the odd one or two very helpful, informative answers from genuine people trying to help. Whatever else is written (good or bad) is generally tainted within the subliminal unconsciousness by the fact that the average, competitive pilot will interpret the usernames of this forum as competition. That probably explains why there are 'PPRuNe personalities' and 'Pilot personalities' - mates of mine have been on here and been told they won't succeed for whatever reason, and yet when they're talking to a pilot in real life and they see my friend for who he is, it's a whole different story because it's human nature to relate to another human, not to a computer.

Again, apologies for the drift, but I feel that's an important point to make.

All opinions (in my judgment), good or bad, are worth taking in - remember, 'rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools'. And going by the way some prooners put their points across, in their mind that IS the rules!

In saying that, I still wouldn't like to be referred to as a 'nob' if I had 250 hrs

Happy days, Ad