PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Profit - but you got to work more!!
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2009, 15:56
ghost writer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few points,

I, like most others, am convinced that this comes from AD, both TCAS and the Talking Horse will be just as horrified as we are, even if it is only because they realize that their management roles have become far harder. I do not believe that this originates from any rostering requirement, the people who work there are normal people trying to do their jobs with as little hassle as possible, they know that this rule will make their lives far harder, having to deal with a more irate and uncooperative group.

The problem now is how we help TCAS & Co to extract us from this situation. Due to "loss of face" they can't just go to AD and say that the pilots are revolting and it's costing us millions! They will hope that over time this just fades away, if there is no impact on operational costs, they may not even be bothered. Probably the only way we can influence them is by affecting their bonuses/ profit share (no hope really but theirs is more that ours) so that they must find a way.

I actually don't think any incitement on PPRuNe is needed over this, there are so many who are badly affected by this that it will gain it's own momentum, just work within the FOM/OMA and don't put your head too far above the firing line!