PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot gets 3 years for Coventry Airport helicopter attack
Old 14th Apr 2002, 17:42
Aussie Andy
PPruNaholic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,

I read the story in the Times yesterday absolutely aghast. What this fella apparently did was absolutely awful. Not only scaring the living daylights out of the people in the TWR but also delaying two outbound and causing diversion of some inbound flights as well.

Whatever caused the guy to become so upset cannot justify what he did, and I feel sure that many who like me are able to enjoy our hobby thanks to the work of ATCOs around the country will join me in expressing sympathy and concern for "ATCO" & "ATCO Spouse" et al.

I'm also sympathetic to the moderator on this occasion... just because someone (apparently in Ireland?) who is perhaps not fully aware of the details shot off a perhaps ill-considered comment and hasn't the grace to back-down, we should be careful not to go overboard with the "flaming" and be satisfied that the matter has been decided in a court of law, and that justice has been decided there where the facts would hopefully have been given a full hearing.