PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Demise of Hong Kong Airlines
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2009, 13:01
gnehc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I find this all quit interesting. I'm always amazed that pilots will travel far and wide to get a job, even with families. On one hand, If these pilots with tons of hours, why they don't have a job at their own country? I suspect that they can't get one or got laid off by their own country men, or for some unknown reason (know reasons) they did not get hired at their country's airlines. I also suspect many is there to build hours because in their own country they are not qualified to get hired.
I feel your pain of getting laid off or about to. I too work in the industry. I also understand furlough is a fact of life in the airline business. If a US airlines furlough pilots, it is mostly view as a business decision, but here it seems like a race issue. I also suspect if your own county hires mostly foreigners to fly their planes you will be up in arms. Some claim the HKA is being racist yet some of your posts making fun of how they speak is racist. Pot is calling the kettle black.
Just because you travel half way around the world with good faith to work, I don't think that guarantee you a job for life and upgrade as you please.
I've been with a major airlines here in the US for 19 years. I know my job is not guaranteed, with this economy anything can happen. My company currently has hundred of pilots furloughed.
Good luck to all and hope this economy turns around soon. Peace brother.

Last edited by gnehc; 16th Jan 2009 at 16:57.