PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA and Project Columbus
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2009, 10:08
PC767

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
Top Bunk. I get the impression that you are either BA flight deck crew or senior BA cabin crew close to retirement. Why? because your post suggests that cabin crew will have to work for peanuts in order to protect your pension. Teamwork? Your attitude is that of a, (fortunately), dying breed. I'm open to change, properly reasoned and negotiated change, not change to save somebody elses financial requirements or indeed to cover the cost of senior managements acculimation of international fines.

Last year BA made an unprecedented profit - with my supposedly expensive terms and conditions. This year, despite the worst crisis ever faced by airlines, BA is still set to make a profit, (after settling fines). Project Columbus, or as now know FOC (Focus On Costs), is a long term project. The current economic market is perfect for announcing the requirement to change terms and conditions. After 9/11 the British goverment saw the opportunity to bury bad news. It seems BA see the opportunity to announce it.