PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Falklands Crash Sites
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2009, 09:22
airborne_artist
Red On, Green On

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can't add anything to this thread as Maggie stopped my lot from going on Corporate. Seems she couldn't countenance some TA soldiers being mobilised when we had a Regular Army of 160,000. The fact that we had skills/kit not present elsewhere was beside the point.

However, my father played a key role in the central staff of the MoD, as he was a) Dep Dir of Ops, Rest of the World, and b) the last Captain of Endurance to be ashore - he'd handed over to NB in the summer of 1980. I have all his personal notes, taken at various meetings in London and Northwood from the end of March to the end of June. They are brief, and will really only mean much to someone already immersed in the subject and the language of the RN at the time.

He and I were doing some wall-papering on Sunday 21st March when the Duty Cdr rang from the MoD and told him the scrap-merchants had landed on S Georgia

If anyone reading this thread would like to see them, I'm sure we can arrange something. My father died in 2003, so you'll need exceptional comms conditions to make direct contact with him.