PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Profit - but you got to work more!!
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2009, 05:59
ekpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In line with CC

Since a few years management is taking every opportunity to bring the pilots in line with the cabin crew rostering rules. They just don't miss one. Every excuse is good. Of course it is the easiest way to improve productivity. The P word is used all over. Just think about your BMI. It is a computer oriented management with no other thing in mind than money. Well what else should it be. It is a company after all. It's goal is profits of course. We will face very tough times ahead. Around here they say challenging times. With the number of planes coming in the next 2 years and the drop of pax, you don't have to be a genius to realize what is going on. I think EK is not well positioned to lay off skilled staff. Think about the cost of pilots going back home with their family. For sure they would not come back. Plus who would come to EK and sit at the end of this so called seniority list. Only the guys with no jobs would. I think the situation is very serious around the world. Aviation is always the first to suffer from recessions. Dubai is going to suffer a major blow in all areas in the next 12 months. Stock markets have crashed 80%, real estate is feeling the same trend. The barrel of petrol is below 40$. All projects are stopped or put on hold, hotel rooms occupancy is down big time. I think it is a good time to lay low and do all you can as a pilot to make sure we all get the most out of EK. Like mentioned in previous trends. Our T&C always had a downward trend in good times when the cie was making profits, guess what is in the future

It's just the beginning, the balloon has bursted, brace for more now!

Keep Discovering