PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Layoffs at Skywest
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2009, 05:48
OverRun
Prof. Airport Engineer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some good news on the Skywest front. An earlier post raised the issue:
Not sure if it's significant or not, but the Skywest AOC has gone 'provisional' and can't be accessed on the CASA website
. I have just talked to CASA, and have just received a copy of the Skywest AOC. It is all in order and valid. The problem was due to the CASA website link and there was nothing sinister.

Also, the Skywest traffic seems to be reasonable:
LONDON (SHARECAST) - Western Australian airline Skywest saw its charter services more than double in December, but carried fewer passengers on its standard airline services.
Chartered airline services, which includes flying mine workers to and from work, climbed by 112.4%.
However, passengers carried fell from 30,000 in December 2007 to 26,000.
Revenue passenger kilometres, calculated by multiplying the number of paying customers by the distance flown, climbed to 22,071 from 21,531.
I reckon the drop in airline passengers of 13% is not too much different to the drop being seen on quite a few routes. Not good news, but not out of the ordinary for these difficult times.

Last edited by OverRun; 16th Jan 2009 at 05:50. Reason: making the quote thingie work properly by using the correct instruction this time