PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX "New Vision and Mission': here we go again
Old 16th Jan 2009, 03:25
Sqwak7700

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've still got the "committment for the 90's" coffee mug with all the consultant-speak psycho-babble shpeal on the side.I drink from it most mornings & it has made me the man I am today.
How funny.

Who the fack came up with "Mission Statements". What a bunch of crap created just so some a-hole can keep his useless job. I can't beleive that a bunch of adults actually sat down in a meeting and wasted a whole work day (potentially, and most likely, more than one) hammering this crap out. Did they actually think that people read this and are inspired?

I'll tell you what inspires me. Actions, which I'm sure you've heard, speak louder than words. Growing team? Hardly when you are parking aircraft and asking crew to take un-paid leave. That to me smells like shinking team.

Socially resposible? I guess colluding with other carriers in cargo price fixing and general cartell behaviour is considered "socially responsible".

And please, "Our vision is to be the world’s best airline" Yhh, not really. The world's best have already moved on from the herring-bone coffin class fiasco to wide comfortable staggered seats. We are still fully commited to yesterday's product and haven't even finished intalling it fleetwide! Maybe they should change it to "Our vision is to be ONE STEP BEHINDthe world’s best airlines"

Honestly, ****t like this "mission statement" crap really frightens me and reminds me of inefficiency and lack of initiative to improve things.