PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - One for pilots and PAX - turbulence
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2009, 21:55
EZYA319

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I actually quite like turbulence and it doesn't really scare me however the Worst I ever experienced was operating as crew on an IBZ flight 2 years ago on a 733. The purser was out doing the 2nd service with single cart and was at about row 19-20 and I was in the rear galley. It started to get a little bit bumpy and the seat belt signs flicked on, almost instantly it got worse and we were being bounced about all over the place. I began to make my way up the cabin to help the senior with the cart and get it back into the galley. Literally just as I put my hands on the trolley the a/c dropped again probably not that much but it felt like it was going on for ages myself and the senior were launched up into the air and landed back across the row of seats and passengers. A tea the senior had just poured went everywhere has did the half full tea pot. pax screaming and panicing but as soon as it had began it was over!!literally in the blink of an eye!!we got the trolley away and of cours it was back to work straight away out dealing with the pax who had been burnt and those who were shook up. Even though we were all shook up as well something just took over and you immediatley went into crew mode like "right I need to get out there and make sure everyones ok" was rather bruised for a few weeks after that but thankfully no real injuries!!scarey flight though!!!