PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Taking bets on how many FTO's and AOC's will be lost.
Old 15th Jan 2009, 12:34
fluffy5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Taking bets on how many FTO's and AOC's will be lost.

Sitting here bored, in my snuggly warm tax free enviroment and hearing the impending doom financially of alot of operators in the Uk. Can I be proven wrong, are there operators out there that see 2009 as a profitable year.
Training school's with more money to pay on fuel, less incoming students because they can't get there hands on the cash as their house goes into negative equity, and with many other financial restrictions.
The corporate market as I've heard rumours is nose diving, how many young bright eyed newly Cpl's are going to get kicked in the n**s , and realise the money they have spent with no future in sight. Also many old boys that have been on the commercial circuit for years, fully I.R'd up when suddenly the company owner or aircraft owner were in property, banks or manufacturing, and can no longer afford these outgoings.
Can this simply be a downturn for the next 2 years, 5 years ......
As we know it's always the rotary side to recover last. So send me your views, on how you think the companies will weather 2009.
Instead of Dear Deidre, Dear Fluffy will do