PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Gulfair or not?
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2009, 11:21
NIK_

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Joining Gulfair or not?

Hello,

I have passed the GF assessment two months ago and they offered me a job, starting in April 2009. I am very thankful about that job offer because I thought it is a good company to working for.

Now, the starting date is coming closer and closer and I am becoming more and more unsure if I should join GF or not.

On the one hand,they told me during my interview that I would stay on the A320 for 1.5 years and move then to the A340/330 for another 3 or 4 years, so, presently,it takes around 5 or 6 years to promote to the LH seat. For a major airline, not bad at all, if this statement is true.

BUT, I was reading all threads about GF and there seems to be a major problem with the roster.
So is there anybody working for GF on the A320 who tell me s.th. about his roster? ( how many dayshifts, stdbys,nightshifts, changes in a month), how many flying hours in a month?

My current company offered me now to start on the A330 (flying in the future A320/330 mixfleet), but the salary is crap, I am used to work around 90 - 95 hrs every month since the last two years for a low salary and the prospects to become a captain are really low, waiting time at the moment 10 to 12 years.

Could someone of you guys tell me also something about the atmosphere in the flight deck,is it relaxed and pleasant? Is the line training fair and how many sectors are you flying? - They told me around 10 sectors

I have discussed all pros and cons with my family, and they are all willing to move down to Bahrain.

So, any good advice would be appreciated

Best regard

NIK_