PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 4
Thread: BRISTOL - 4
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2009, 06:40
jackitin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This may come as a suprise but BRS is not the only airport that Ryanair operate into, had these incidents happened at BRS then by now the CWL mob would be demanding closure of the airport at BRS.

My point has been made for me by the fact that posters above seem ignorant of Ryanairs safety record. I haven't even mentioned the 90 deg bank angle on finals in Rome, landing in Denmark with Flaps 2 because they were too fast for any more flap and many other, as these happened in 07 so it hardly seems fair.

Ask the Ramp Staff, Rangers, ATC or other BRS operators about Ryanair and they will all tell you stories about beacons being turned on with pesonnel in danger areas, calling for push and start with holds open, steps down and tugs not connected and ignoring conditional push back clearances to block taxiways. In fairness to Ryanair, this last point may be as some of them do not appear to understand or speak basic english.

Free seats - "If something sounds too good to be true it probably is and you get what you pay for" are 2 phrases about Ryanair that come to mind. This is very relevant to the BRS thread as it may well be at BRS that the Irish chickens come home to roost.