PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOA funding of UK retirement age appeal
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2009, 05:46
tiger321

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll start out by saying that Charlie is a gentleman and I know that all this fuss is not what he was after.

With all the finger pointing and bashing going on here - has anybody stopped to think about the chances of this court case actually winning? As I understand it, the original case was unceremoniously thrown out. Surprise, surprise, the lawyers think there is a good chance of success on appeal. Have you ever met a lawyer that didn't think you had a great case?

I reckon there is every chance of this appeal being thrown out again. I'm sure the previous "lady" judge didn't just ignore the facts as has been claimed.

I have no doubts that age 65 will eventually come into effect. But that is only going to happen when the company wants it. When that happens hopefully everyone will sit down together and formulate a plan that works for everyone.

A few of the posters above are deperate to rush through something yesterday so that they can "unselflishly" (as they have explained!??!!) continue. I would be very surprised if that happens. A good and fair deal for everybody is going to take a long time to hammer out.

Flame away.