PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow Plans (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2009, 05:45
BEagle

Received 330 Likes on 115 Posts
Well, Labour are in for a well-deserved ar$e-kicking over this nonsense.

Have you seen how many peoples' homes would be destroyed to feed the greed of BAA with this absurd third runway idea?

At least an early election win by the Conservatives will put an end to this folly.

LHR creaks at the seams already. Nothing to do with runway capacity, everything to do with woeful infrastructure, poor access, expensive car parking, inadequate immigration manning, slow baggage transfer - it's an utter shambles. And it's the only airport with traffic jams inside it that I know of. For such basic reasons as stupid positioning of pedestrian-priority crossings on main roads instead of proper underpass links.

I don't normally support activists, but good luck to all those protesting against Brown's folly - I support your right to lawful protest 100% and hope that you will do everything legally possible to obstruct the absurd idea of another runway at this abysmal London airport.

LHR is the closest airport to me, yet I never use it unless there is absolutely no alternative. Instead I use the markedly superior BHX! Easier access, cheaper to park, no M25 - and it's free of the leaden hand of BAA!