PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Working day off payments stopped at Ryanair !
Old 14th Jan 2009, 17:39
williewalsh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well maybe in these times of hardship and downturn its as good a time as any for ryr to go under. Bit of an industry enema so to speak.Might as well be now as later. God knows it could do with one.

Too many licence speculators that will do anything to fly a jet.Just like too many people owning a home hwo shouldnt have We werent born equal. It cant last. I f you couldnt afford it you shouldnt have done it.
Now before the " I wouldnt wish anyone to be out of work " brigade slag me off look at it objectively. Its a good time to bury bad news. Except IMHO ryr going away would be a good thing in the longterm for the industry. There may be a few twenty somethings that will have to go back to the job they should have been doing , a few homeless oler pilots and even a few contactors back in afganistan. This is the cylcic nature of the industry, only this time its a fugoid of giant proportions fed on a diet of debt for training, instant jet time and a recent social trend of "I want it now and Ill get ot now"

It will find its own level and hopefully that level will exclude RYR.

Now Ill retire to the bunke ans see what happens.