PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JSF and A400M at risk?
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2009, 16:45
Hilife

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Moosemaster

Good news is though, from one who is partially 'in the know', I haven't heard of any reduction in capability.......yet!
I can't say the German's will agree with you on this point.

Airbus A400M Overweight & Understrength

12 Jan 2009 - BERLIN - The Airbus A400 military transport plane is too heavy and does not deliver on performance, the Financial Times Deutschland and newspaper reported on Jan. 12.

The FTD cited sources which said the current version of the A400M can carry only 29-30 tons of material, instead of an expected 32 tons, and that it is itself 12 tons overweight.

The European Aeronautic Defence Space Company, Airbus' parent company, will have to completely revise its plans, the newspaper said.

EADS acknowledged recently that the first delivery of an A400M would be delayed by three years, but did not give a precise date.

A total of 180 of the aircraft have been ordered so far for 20 billion Euros ($26.8 billion) by OCCAR, the European organization for military cooperation that represents seven countries.
Gainsey

I believe the very same brochure is currently circulating around Pratt & Whitney Canada's facility.