PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LHR 09L rolling down the runway
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2002, 06:28
Gonzo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some interesting replies here.

Firstly, believe it or not, this is not BA bashing. I did try to avoid it in my inital post.

Secondly, it's good to know that you guys are aware of this issue in the first place.

I get some stick for it at work, but I do rate BA. 99.9% of the time. Of course there is always the odd happening, but it is purely the fact that around 40% of movements at LHR are BA, we see more involving them than any other airline.

Young Paul - I would much rather use a 'Land After' than an 'After the landed x, cleared to land' (quick question, do you know the difference? ) . The potential 'problem' with a 'Land after' is that until you hit the deck, we cannot be certain that you will land. I was on Departures once last year, when Arrivals had a tight one, and the one following went around, even when no.1 was plainly off the runway. The Arrivals controller was rather miffed, but I asked him what he'd said and he replied he'd given a 'Land after'.

Also, the reason the 'After the landed, cleared to land' was introduced was because some companies were going to refuse to fly into such a major airport and not receive a 'proper' landing clearance.

Hand Solo - Your suggestion was actioned less than 15 minutes after the event.

This is the sort of issue I used to bring up on my jumpseat flights.
Enough said.

Gonzo.
Edited for spelling

Last edited by Gonzo; 14th Apr 2002 at 06:33.