PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Exec Club muddled thinking
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2009, 13:18
candoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The latest promo e-mail to hit me again raised a few eyebrows, the e-mail came from exec club:

Dear Mr Candoo,

We'd like to remind you about our new British Airways Executive Club partner, e-Rewards. Which is good news for you, because it means we may be welcoming you on board your next reward flight, sooner than you think.

Your opinion is worth thousands of BA Miles.

Each time you complete an e-Rewards online market research survey you will earn Opinion Points™. In fact, you could earn up to 3,600 Opinion Points per survey*. Every quarter you can then convert** your Opinion Points into BA Miles - at the rate of 500 BA Miles for every 2,000 Opinion Points.

What's more, enroll with e-Rewards now, and we'll credit your account wit h 500 BA Miles just for completing your first survey. So you can see how it could soon mount up to a great getaway.

Fly through as many surveys as you like.

Once you're enrolled, e-Rewards send you surveys which are specially selected to suit your lifestyle and interests (they ask you about those at enrollment). When you've a spare ten minutes, or slack
half-hour, don't waste it: reel off a survey and earn some BA Miles.

Enroll now for an extra 500 BA Miles on your first survey.

This is a great opportunity to boost your BA Miles balance when you're not flying.
Enroll with e-Rewards now, and when you complete your first survey you’ll receive 500 bonus BA Miles with our compliments***.

So I get 4 times as many BA miles as flying to Dusseldorf and back by completing a poxy on-line survey.

Surely they should be encouraging peeps to fly and not fill out on-line forms - I know about the revenue etc... but remind me what business are BA in?