PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2009, 13:06

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly, i'd like to offer thanks to everyone who has contributed valuable information on this topic which i'm sure will be of great use when I under-go my stage 1 next month. I must have read every page of this thread and have now decided to post so once again thanks to all.

I don't want to count my chickens or anything as i've not even had my stage one but reading through the full details of the NATS medical on the website I have a slight concern and if anyone has any info i'd be most grateful. I'm somewhat ashamed and embarrassed (sp?) by it now but here goes:
Around four five years ago I was overcome with some personal problems and did resort to self harming this has left me with some slight scarring on my left forearm and top of my left thigh it is very slight and not very visable ie no one has asked how I got that scar for instance, but I'm concerned that sitting just in boxer shorts and having to "drop and cough," that these scars will raise questions in a doctor's mind.

I have had no issues since then and haven't had any iclination to do any thing similar. I have never been on anti- depressants or saw a doctor or clinical pyschatrist(sp) for depression or other related clinical disorders so there will be no records on my medical files.

Without wishing to sound cliched I feel I have moved on and consider myself to be "compos mentis" and really hope that small tough period I went through won't hinder me in hopefully becoming a damn good ATCO as it is something I have always wanted to do and an area I have always had a great interest and enthusiasm for.

Apologies for length of post

Regards