PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment V
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2009, 09:48
Callmachine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Six Month Waiting Period

Hi Everyone,

I've been reading these forums for a number of years but have been persuaded by deon85 who is a very good mate of mine to finally take the plunge and make my first post! I would like hear what others have heard regarding the six month waiting period as raised earlier by dy1ng_to_fly and Oxaliza_Oxen.

I attended the EK open day back in October at the Rydges Parramatta in Sydney. About 160 people turned up and we all handed in our CV's as seems to be normal. The recruiters on this particular day stated that those successful would receive a call by 5pm that afternoon to attend the assessment centre the following day and those that did not receive a call would be free to attend the next open day. Unfortunately I was not one of the lucky ones who received a call but I was determined to keep trying and decided I would definetly be attending the next open day.

This happened to be in December, this time at the Hilton in the city. This time I would say there were at least 300 people. The morning followed the same process as the previous but when it came time to start the collection of the CV's the recruiter stated that if you had handed in a CV within the last six months, that unfortunately they would not be able to collect it.

This obviously suprised me as it was in complete contradiction to what was explained at the previous event. After this was mentioned, a number of people including myself approached the recruiters and explained that they had attended the October open day and were advised if they did not receive a call to the assessment day, they would be free to attend the next scheduled open day. They advised that this was not correct. The others were turned away however, they allowed me to submit my CV as I showed the copy of the email invite I had received earlier that week. I had applied to attend this second open day about 2 weeks beforehand. Once again I did not receive a call to attend the assessment day.

Is some one able to confirm EK's policy? It makes sense that if you are invited to the assessment day and not successful you must wait six months as the recruiters had the opportunity to further observe and determine your suitaibility so i'm leaning towards the information provided by the first recruiters. The next open day for Sydney is scheduled for 7 February and would love to attend but If this is not the case, I would be happy to wait the required six months before re-attending. If someone could help me out I would be so grateful!

David