PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - how to log A320 on NZ log book
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2009, 08:01
Chocks Away

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Firstly Global Express:
Your Sim classification determines your log entry. All Bizjet & Airliner category Sims have "levels", from fixed base through to full motion. The 737 sims at Alteon for example are "F.F.S L5" = Full flight Sim, Level 5 = same as the real thing, so as such can go in as "real flight time" for your logbook. An entry alongside, in the "ground" or other ancillary column is a good idea for ease of hours separation.

TZZ
Assuming you got a Command A320 endorsement, you can't log "Command" time until signed out as Capt with your A.T.P.L airline.
Prior to line training as a Co-pilot, you no doubt did an "Entry Sim/Check ride/Assessment" which validated your IFR & ATPL Co-pilot seat for training within the airline... from here the line training you do goes in as Co-pilot (NOT I.C.U.S/command practice). Remember, you are training to be proficient as a Co-Pilot first. Gotta walk before you can run.
After you are "checked to line" as a proficient Co-pilot, your time goes in as Co-Pilot.
Then, ICUS/Command Practice can only go in, when flying as a Co-Pilot with a Check/Trng Capt, after you're online, or doing Upgrade training to captain.

I too was unsure about this, some years back but found out by asking the Older Checkies. Sadly many of the new-breed/Weetbix box Checkies don't have any idea and as such, logbook discipline and reflections of a candidates correct flight time has decreased.

I hope this helps.