PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Resting techniques - advice pls!
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2009, 03:29
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
Yes indeed, good luck. Insomnia is bloody awful.

However, I find it strange that you're not getting some results from Zolpidem...or is the short sleep as a result of taking it? I've taken it for years, and until recently it worked like magic...could it be that your prescription is of the slower - anti crime - verity?

A pattern for me was dictated by back pain. A typical week was zero - 5 mg a night. Perhaps as much as 35mg in a bad week.

How much are you taking?

Mine is labeled Zolpidem Tartrate 10mg, and I break that in half and often bite about half of that off. So, say 3ish mg. A bad night, and I take the remainder if I wake after 2 or 3 hours. I would never take the whole 10mg.

I've been watching physics lectures lately, and I think not taking the stuff has just given back that edge that was getting lost. Hard to tell accurately.

My system of constructed pleasant thoughts was working well, but then one night last week, after 5 hours of turmoil, I succumbed, but it was effective in about 20 mins. For this not to work at all is a bit puzzling, could you possibly ask for a different manufacturer's product?