PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Susi Air
Thread: Susi Air
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2009, 00:01
doit4g

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My experience

Having worked for Susi Air I felt the time spent with them was not wasted at all. If you are going there as a C208 F/O, you WILL get paid peanuts (about 700 US), but once you get enough experience and pass 1000 TT they are very willing to upgrade to Capt. (2000 US)

The owners are great people, the Indonesians will treat you like a royalty and the flying schedule is VERY easy. Pretty much you do around 5 hrs of flying a day, once your flight is done, you are free to do whatever you want. Company provides accommodation, food, transport to/from work and you get a week off each month to explore the country. They have bases all over the place, so you are rotated every few months, which can also be fun.

Go there, check it out, the training takes about 9 days, and you spend at least a month flying with a captain before you are let loose.

As is with any operator, sometimes you need to speak up about maintenance, and 99% of the time things are fixed.

I haven't heard about any financial problems, sometimes pay was a couple of days late, but nothing too major.

If you are willing to have fun and work hard, the owners will notice that and reward you well.
The above is my experience.