PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Nelson ALPA pilots to strike
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2009, 17:12
Mr Baxter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You have to be joking.

Billyt and Balding Eagle... what planet are you guys on? We're talking about the Air Nelson contract here, if you want to rant on and on about the Air NZ contract go open up another thread. The day I receive incentive pay at Air Nelson, I'll spoil myself and upsize my combo.

"The Air Nelson Federation members have been to the company and asked NOT to pick up the extra overnight payment. They have been told by the company that it is too hard for the company to do."

Do you HONESTLY believe that in this modern age, when companies manage to manipulate complex tax laws, pay groups of pilots on multiple contracts different salaries, calculate meal allowances daily and employ personal whose soul responsibility is to oversee payroll issues, that AIR NELSON in all its glory cannot pay one pilot $40 and another $50 for a meal allowance on an overnight? You're taking the piss. No go on, seriously, you're joking right?

"...go to John H and he will confirm this. FACT."

I'm here all week, try the chicken.

"You say that you and your colleagues with similar beliefs will be nice to someone's face and yet be nasty behind their back. This says so much about you."

You couldn't be further from the truth about this guy. ThreeCombs is a very honest individual who would like nothing better than to tell people what he thinks to their face. In fact, last time I saw him he had a dead Panda strapped to the front of a Hummer and was careering through the Sydney Mardi Gras. So don't be nasty, sit down and have a latte.

I have no problem with multiple unions, none at all. But I firmly believe that you sleep in the bed you made for yourself. The guys above ranting on about how the Feds are the 'misunderstood good guys' are truely the ones who have been misinformed. Stick to what you know guys, which is obviously what happens at mainline. Trust me, we at ALPA (the good buggars association as we are known at ATC) worked very very hard for our Air Nelson contract, you have NO idea. Yet, we are now expected to watch everything we worked for fall into the hands of those who did everything to stop it... and yes it IS happening, and the Feds here at Air Nelson are not putting up much of a fight to maintain what they had originally bargained for. So yes... it's a piss off, and you can expect people to be pissed off.