PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's happening at Bankstown
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2009, 14:56
Ex FSO GRIFFO

Received 45 Likes on 20 Posts
I dunno Chuck,

The lease holders have already PAID in full for the leases, for the 90 years or whatever, via bank loans or whatever, to the Fed Govt. - and although the Aviation clientelle may dwindle somewhat as the 'crunch' bites harder, those other business in the Business Park will probably continue to survive - mostly
because they are mostly BIG businesses.

And, for the life of me, I can't see the Govt refunding the lease fee, nor any part thereof...

e.g. At JT, I have heard that 'Hardly Normal' are putting in the 'biggest white goods store in the S. Hemisphere' - why?
Because it is on 'Commonwealth' land and therefore not subject to the WA State Trading Law Restrictions - so they (so it is told) will be able to trade 24/7 / 365 if they so desire.

So there is one BIG business that might 'feel' the crunch, but perhaps not get knocked out by it.
I don't know what the other businesses on that part of the leased property are, but they are well away from the 'active' area.

So, if the aviation side of it doesn't pay, then the 'Specials' may not be 'real specials' with a hefty rent increase....

But is is NICE to dream - that they all go 'broke' and the leases revert to the aviation tenants - after all - it is supposed to be a bloody airport - ain't it??