PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2009, 11:39
PAJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't believe it's fair to say that anyone doing an integrated course is spoon fed! I can tell you from experience that CTC Wings cadets have extremely high standards expected of them from day one, much higher than those required for basic licence issue. I would agree that once the finances are sorted at the start, you don't have to worry about how you will pay for the next session of hour building, or where you will find the extra cash for ground school but I can guarantee that as a CTC pilot, you will recieve the best training there is out there. There is a perfectly good thread out there (Integrated vs Modular) to bash Integrated providers if you so wish, but this thread is not here for that purpose. I do think that there is some relevance to post about finances in here though.

Chilli Corneto, I think what they were referring to there was the fact that although the results you will achieve might be way above what other training pilots achieve, it is not easy to get there! CTC work you very hard, and there is pressure all the time to achieve - and if you fail to meet standards, the pressure is applied further. Some people are not able to cope with the pressure, and the CTC way definitely does not suit everyone but it is tried, tested and will make you a very skilled and knowledgeable 220hr pilot.