PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LONDON CITY - 2
Thread: LONDON CITY - 2
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2009, 08:50
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The council ended up having to buy it for over £100 million cause no businessess would go into it because of the airport - hardly good for jobs in Newham then.There is a curfew on flights.Its a law. It needs to be respected.
There are lots of stupid laws, in my opinion this is one. I am allowed to express my opinion, please repect that. The UK has been snowed under by more legislation in the last ten years by Labour than any country in the history of the world. Much of it is silly, pointless and badly draughted. Frankly much of it conflicts with European Law and needs fixing, so you go on respecting it and leave the rest of us to try and deal with the fall out in the real world.

As for building 1000, it has the DLR and a bloody airport on it's doorstep, LITERALLY with no real noise nuisance from the ATRs and the RJs. I mean how could transport links like that ever be an asset!! It takes a proper skill set to arse that up....

You cant say just one flight on a saturday afternoon. They signed up to a section 106 - whether you agree with it or not
Good laws have sensible exceptions. Bad ones don't, becasue Central Government doesn't trust the local council numpties to implement them properly.

Last edited by Skipness One Echo; 13th Jan 2009 at 10:27.