PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Merry ACASS!!!
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2009, 07:30
dc10driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lets start with somehting positive!
Morning to all and have a great new year.......
Well I usually abstain from writting on this forum as I feel it is a place where an accussed cannot defend himself.
I worked for this company twice. The first time was different and eventually worked fine except there were differences between E. St. H. and the owner of the aircraft. I was then offered to do a 604 course (Self sponsored) and promised lots of work and great money.
OK, course done and work trickled in slowly at first. My first contract was a disaster..........First Captain was fired for trying to get the contract himself (So I was told!) The second 'commander', a South Africain turned out to be afraid of flying. Needless to say, we did not get along and I was the one taken off the contract. I was then offered a few other really good contracts. When I say good, I mean the owners of the aircraft were very nice, real gentlemen. There were problems between E. St. H. and the owners again....
I was then offered, again, another long term contract. I was to be based in YUL and offered 4000 $CDN......a big joke since I was making around 8000$USD previously! (I live in Europe) I wrote them a PFO letter as I had recouped my training costs.
The 'Chief Pilot' was a nice guy, although I always felt he was there for the money and not the job. He was not doing the real job as I am sure he was just a puppet for the owner. Then there was B.M. my old CAF mentor. I think of him very often, but he was there for himself.
All in all, I have no 'positive' memories of this company. Should they ever call me, I think I would consider a long term contract, but they would have to pay the rating this time...