PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The 'END OF G/A As A Stepping Stone' ???.....
Old 12th Jan 2009, 22:52
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well I'm sorry you are offended in some ways 'PM'. There's a saying, 'you don't need to be a cook to boil water', meaning you don't need to be that experienced to be a jet jockey. And I stand by that statement 'easy' 'cause I believe it is, mostly.
I didn't quote eany actual hrs or say 'lack' of experience but am sure not everyone has your/mine experience sitting in the R/H seat of some 'bus'.
And for the record no I haven't flown a big 'bus' but I did some time ago now when the Ansett B727 Sim was in full swing fly it single pilot for a few hours, hard work for sure due it's rudimentry flight systems compared by todays stds but not that impossible to handle seeing I was a fairly 'green' pilot at the time.
Oh & BTW having flown a small Medi-jet in CMD out over the Pacific at night in very ordinary wx with few options for an out with a TT of LESS than 3000 hrs means (well to me anyawya) it's got little to do with hrs.

So will the MPL be the way of the future? I believe it will.

Wmk2

Last edited by Wally Mk2; 12th Jan 2009 at 23:26.