PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Engineering design Vs Pilots perception
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2009, 20:14
FlightTester

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please explain...

Sorry to start thread drift, but can you please explain what appears to be a somewaht Luddite view based on the comment below

Personally I'd like 'standby' traditional instruments a bit more prominent - it's unwise to rely on glass cockpits in case of emergency, but companies don't want to admit this - applies to everything from airliners to fighters.
In all the Pt 25 aircraft I fly there are zero "traditional" standby instruments, they're all glass cockpits including the EISI (Electronic Integrated Standby Instrument). The EISI meets in all ways FAR's 1301 and 1309 and as far as I'm aware there has never been a case whereby both ADC's (also electronic) have failed at the same time as all four flight displays and the EISI and left the crew in the dark with no flight information.

Getting back onto the thread and the HMI - if one did think about having the AI IO or OI blue over brown or brown over blue, then you would have to convince the manufacturers of the stand alone EISI or it's equivalent to conform too.