PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New SID RT Procedures -12 March 09
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2009, 18:15
in my last airline

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Folk look to the future, RNP RNAV. To get there we have to make many huge changes to the current system. I can't agree with those who think the system is good enough as is! Jumbos and Dumbos (380) levelling at 6000ft is not clever and is far from perfect. Now the new system in reality is introducing the first phase of a more automatic system. More automation should mean more capacity in the long run. Let's face it, VHF comms in the London TMA sucks when it's busy. So the system is broken, and whilst I know the contillers are amongst the best in the world, we have a long way to go and not very long to get there. In 10 years from now twice as many people will be flying in Europe (all things being equal).

I'm looking forward to change it should mean less work/stress for a start and hopefully the safety case will improve. Some airlines never got the hang of the current system, passing, climbing SID, so they will continue to screw up and the likes of UK carriers will carry on without a hiccough.