PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The 'END OF G/A As A Stepping Stone' ???.....
Old 12th Jan 2009, 11:04
startingout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not to offend anyone, but realistically with the whole outlook from gen Y being airlines, with such a license on offer in the the near future how many people here realistically would not take up the offer of flying a jet whilst paying not much more then the basic licence?

How many people really see themselves flying around a SE Vfr aircraft when they choose flying as a profession. The world is changing, im not saying it is for a good cause but bringing in such a licence probably will eventually lead to the destruction of GA as we know it. As years progress the number of instructors will diminish as they venture onwards and upwards.

This is all just my 2c, I'm in the game to be able to go over seas and see things i usually would never have dreamed of, one of those is a wish to fly around mountains and glaciers. From my upbringing I am still pushed towards where one can settle down and earn a decent living. I am gen Y and really we have been taught to go out there and strive for the top of the peak as quickly and efficiently as possible, many will choose the multi crew path....