PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Big changes for Qantas cadets
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2009, 10:44
drshmoo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dear redleader78

Thank you for the psychological assement for DE, QF and cadets.
Its got nothing to do whether you were a rockstar, a swinger, RAAF, GA or a cadet. This is all you need to understand. The day you start at QF as an EMPLOYEE is when you should get your seniority. So for eg

I start flying in march and Mr cadet starts flying in February of the same year. He/she is entitled to have seniority over me because he/she has been working for QF longer than me.

I may have more experience (good and bad) but they are entitled with no gripes from me to have seniority over me. I dont care who paid for what/trained where/RAAF/GA/NASA (insert heart breaking story here etc), seniority starts when you start as an employee. Doesnt matter what you did before.

LOA161 gives seniority to people who aren't employees. I have been to AIRC and there are precedents in other feilds that suggest this practice isn't correct.

So this is not a hard yards vs silver spoon. Not a DE vs GA, this is just a fair request that seniority numbers should start when you are an employeeof the company. Cadets and other should realise that cadet bashing is a separate issue