PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAA PPL(H) in US
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2009, 08:49
R44-pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Husky,

I was with Cloud 9 in October, There's plenty to do, nothings very far and all though the speed limits there seem quite slow compared to the UK all the roads are as straight as a ruler! so doesnt take long to get anywhere.

If your there for 2-3 weeks you could drive to Miami, or fly! wont take long either way.

Speak to Geoff about Bella Vista villas. Lovely villas, real close to the sea and about 25 mins drive from North County Genral Aviation Airport. They were where we stopped and all through Geoff and Cloud 9, maybe his business partners....

Speaking of which, it is a FANTASTIC airport and puts most of the UK airfields to shame ..... although missing a restaurant (great sandwich place on the way though)

You'll be plenty busy enough with the flying though to be fair, and you'll just have the best time, 500 ft rule????? LOL, you'll see

The Everclades are impresive to, you'll do some flying around there, go croc chasing! I've got a pic and some video of us hovering about 3-4 foot away from some crocs! There's also a type of ditch or dyke that runs right next to the runway, this houses some crocs too. I didnt believe them until we saw one sun bathing on the runway!

Also, I remember that most if not all of the Heli's are without GPS.... so it will sharpen anyones Nav up again as its like here in Lincolnshire, flat as a pancake!

You really will have a laugh out there mate, and the guys and gals at Cloud 9 are great.

Hope this helps.