PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PHI Crash in Louisiana Jan 2009 - 8 Dead, 1 Injured
Old 12th Jan 2009, 03:45
212man

Received 351 Likes on 197 Posts
To be correct, the 'cue' figure is simply how many Flight Director Cues are selected, so you can be 2-cue or even 1-cue and still have the collective engaged (ALt + IAS, RALT) though colloquially the term 2-cue is used to denote no collective coupling. In the C+ (so I assume the same for the C++) the Sperry 7600 only limits on engine parameters (N1 and Tq) not Nr.

Why is this a topic for discussion? Is anyone seriously implying the AFCS had anything to do with this? The certification requirements for AFCSs are such that pilot intervention is assured before loss of control can result from it's action.

Zalt
no, not a company comment, simply that of a professional pilot who hates to see this kind of consumer culture "now now now" approach to a tragic accident, which will be investigated by appropriately qualified people in a meticulous and thorough manner. The information contained is almost certainly a breach of the company's confidentiality clauses within that individual's employment contract, and serves no useful purpose (weather was fine, aircraft was in the cruise, lost control and crashed - I think we kind of guessed all that!)

SASless,
I disagree - this information should come out as an interim statement from the NTSB. That way we know it to be credible (though I suspect it probably is) and not simply from someone whose ego is getting in the way of their ethics.