PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PRESTWICK
Thread: PRESTWICK
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2009, 20:51
allanmack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"You gotta make things colourful to be seen and heard"

Agreed ,as long as it is done, say, the Barack Obama way, not the so called 'colourful' way of rants, raves and foul language. That impresses no-one and certainly won't influence them to action. You can make your point forcefully and assertively without losing the rag.

I think we all agree that PIK needs an upgrade in many aspects and we need to keep the pressure up in a constructive, structured and assertive way.

Just a point about your comment Smith, "I always thought Prestwick was quite a posh town, didn't realise it was inhabited by pikey's, jeeb's and neds who like wallowing in other peoples $h!t and urine!"

Prestwick is a fairly standard west coast town with a fair mix of people in terms of income. The airport itself employs people from all over Ayrshire and is not limited to those residing in the local town. Like most airports I agree you will find people working who make you wonder how on earth they got a job but you will also find people who care and who give great customer service. Try looking out for them next time you pass through any airport - they are there (including at PIK) and perhaps try recognising that not everyone is a 'pikey', 'jeeb' or 'ned'.

PS. Flying from PIK on Wednesday so will look closely at what upgrades have started (if any) and I'll take care not to catch the eye of any pikey, jeeb or ned.