PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Runway at BRS was unsafe.
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2009, 15:26
StaceyF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tinytim
And we all remember the interview with Andrew Skipp stridently asserting that the runway was safe and by implication us mere pilots did not know what we were talking about.

His attitude to the safe well being of his customers was utterly reckless.

There were three "offs" before we finally refused to operate from BRS and countless near misses as we skidded to a halt.

Had fatalities occured there would have been a very strong case for manslaughter charges against this arrogant man.

I trust his current and any future employers are made aware of these facts.

Excellent post; I can still remember listening to a live interview he gave on BBC Radio Bristol just after an airline (RyanAir maybe?) had bailed out of Bristol until it was sorted.

His arrogance was beyond belief; he simply stated the runway was perfectly safe, and that it was regrettable that some of the budget airlines worked to "different operating parameters" (yep, ad verbatim).

The interviewer even went as far as to say that surely the pilots knew what they were doing and he just repeated the "different operating parameters" line.

The clincher was when he was asked if he would be losing any sleep over the state of the runway and he said no

As you say Tinytim, I hope his present employers are aware of his blase attitude to safety.