PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iceland sees red over RAF mission
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2009, 15:12
BIRD2008

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Phil

I will point this out one more time: my information is based mainly on what I read here in Iceland. Yours is based on what you are told by your government. So there must always be some different in view. You can see if you read my posts again that I say "according to what we are told here". This id maybe the main thing, we are told some things and not other, if the government and the banks are hiding anything I don't know. I guess that the British government is not telling you all.

Also if you would have contionued to quote/read my post you would see that there is ongoing investigation here in Iceland that I hope will cast a clearer light on what happened. I'm not trying to defend the banks and the investors, I'm also not trying to defend the government and what they did. But I stand fast on my opinion that a friend does not stap another friend in the back when he needs help. I think that the situation could have been solved without freezing the assets and that it did more damage than good. But I could be wrong on that, I guess we will never know what would have happened if another road was travelled in this matter.

However I must point out that there is always two sides on each coin. And also that the general public did not take part in what happened. Most of us have lost money on what happened. Either through savings or stocks that we will not get back but in limited amount. We are trying to get answers here, both from the bankers and the government, but it is going way to slow.