PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PHI Crash in Louisiana Jan 2009 - 8 Dead, 1 Injured
Old 11th Jan 2009, 12:46
SASless

Received 521 Likes on 217 Posts
Time for some to face reality!

I hate to be the one to upset someone's apple cart.....but there is a very successful business extant in the Gulf of Mexico oil related industry.

That being legal firms which specialize in taking on helicopter operators following helicopter crashes.

That is part of life in the oil patch in the GOM.

Lawyers know helicopter accidents are excellent sources of income.

A part breaks....the manufacturer pays.

An engineer or pilots makes a mistake...the operator pays.

Sometimes.....everybody pays!

Every time the insurance company or the defendant's lawyers will strike a deal.

It should come as no surprise to anyone a law suit should be filed following a fatal crash.

As to estranged wives....perhaps there is a couple of kids involved who will need supporting?

They were estranged....but still married....reckon there was no formal separation agreement in effect....thus still the wife and next of kin by law!

212man,

I disagree with you on this one. I do not see a post containing information of and by itself as being a bad thing. So long as the facts are credible and come from a reliable source and are presented as a summary or statement of facts without the author rumbling off down the trail "guessing" at causes then I have no objection.

In fact...discussion of the results of an on-going investigation serve as a vehicle for professionals to keep informed.

We can draw conclusions from information as it is presented but the final determination will as you rightly say....come from the official investigative report.

By the way.....Fox News...has been proven to be the more fair and balanced of our media outlets thus perhaps you should shift your barb to using CNN, MSNBC, NBC, or the decidedly crook CBS.

As I suggested, logical, professional, and unbiased reports and discussion are what we should seek both from those of us peeking through the knothole and the professional experts conducting the investigations.

Last edited by SASless; 11th Jan 2009 at 12:57.