PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Midex Airlines (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2009, 10:15
Icarus2008

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post the etymology of a term

Thanks for the opportunity to respond. Hitherto, the reaction from inside is magnificent, I guess it is inspired as a result of hearing of so much tyranny and oppression.

But let me first educate you and your colleague atlast who believes he is an authority in grammar:

"Hashishi", as the Arabs call it, traces to deep studies finally undisclosed by Silvestre de Sacy's in one of his memoirs, and I quote:

"A warning against 'the pernicious influence of secret societies...and...the dreadful prostitution of religion to the horrors of unbridled ambition'. For him the Assassins (hashishi), were a 'union of impostors and dupes which, under the mask of a more austere creed and server morals, undermined all religion and morality"

Would the intent in having used this term be appropriate to aim at what is left in the souls of Mackenzie and company?

Believe you me, this is no "cosa nostra", the noise this guy has left behind is no different from Frank Lorenzo when he destroyed the pilot unions in the USA, and the move we Italians are presently witnessing with Alitalia.