PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2009, 21:20
Tim McLelland

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I quite agree, I was just repeating what I read about the show some time back. Given the way that show participation and organisation is going, I guess it's a minor miracle if a show of any sort takes place these days. As for whether the Vulcan will take part, I think that's anybody's guess at this stage. I have a feeling that if 558 flies again at all, then I guess it might be the earlier shows of the year that stand a chance of seeing her, so you never know...

Andrew, I also agree that repetition is pointless, but what am I supposed to do when I keep getting the same questions thrown my way?! Anyway, I think the argument has run its course as I haven't seen anyone else add so much as a ha'peth of input. The same situation seems to apply on similar threads on other sites too judging from what I can see. Page upon page of waffle but nobody seems to have any interest in addressing the fundamental problems of what to do. I've explained my two points as fully as I can (ie- either get to the bottom of precisely what is going-on at TVOC with all our money, or look at getting the aircraft out of the UK while it's still possible) and I haven't seen any other alternative ideas - anywhere! It's not very encouraging is it, bearing in mind that Pleming's latest "now or never" target was supposedly the end of this month.

Incidentally, what did you folks think of XH558 Press Office appearing on some forums (did the press release turn up here too?). I couldn't quite see what the aim of the press release was though. It was claimed that the intention was to "spread the word" but when the release has been sent to plane spotter sites, I would assume that the word is already well and truly spread to them? As one might expect, there's a statement that no communication channels or replies will be possible so it doesn't sound like we're going to get any further down this exciting new avenue, does it? Then again, on the basis of what has been said on the various sites, I don't imagine that direct communication with TVOC's "press office" would achieve anything in any case - can you imagine the dialogue?!

Last edited by Tim McLelland; 11th Jan 2009 at 03:13.