PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which is the hardest airport to land at?
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2002, 08:26
gofer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back to the thread ??

Kai Tak and Gib as a PAX or jump certainly rate high

Avoriaz - anybody care to comment ?

Those Greek Islands have their quirks also - but more for the jockey than the PAX.

Would think somebody might want to add Bern-Belp and Lugano to the list of hands-full on landing.

oneWorld22

Interesting to list BSL/MLH/EAP, surely its only problem is if you're taking off east and have no power, but that has to be true of many places (and yes I did leave one of my moggie lives there as we only just made left of the 4th floor of the Kantonsspittal - that close, that building is BIG - especially with not enough scrabble power & too much weight).

If one thinks of take-offs then ZRH in a fully loaded 747 always has its thrills - rotate before you run out of strip - light left so as to miss the airport buildings - but not tooooo far so as to stay over the highway and not hit the Hilton on the left or the Moevenpick on the right & and get the gear up quick so as to clear the bridges - as your scrabble power is really on the brink.

The SIA's SQ 345 ZRH-SIN may do it daily but as a PAX I still want the window seat on the Port side to wave to the wife in the Hilton car-park, before she drives home. Her logic is that if we make that far OK the chances are the rest will be a doddle and if we don't at least she'll know why.