PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iceland sees red over RAF mission
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2009, 16:01
Double Zero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icelander Puffin-eating merchant bankers

That guy has the nerve to say we could have helped Iceland more !

While it is a universal truth that banker, anywhere, is rhyming slang, I can't help feeling that the 'cod wars' are due again for a re-match, how would they like it if the gloves were off or they tried that against Russian warships ?

The only Icelander I knew, and unfortunately it was one way or another over 5 years +, was a lazy, thieving, treacherous bastard - he even stole my father's computer, and just before that when I bought a mobile phone for him on returning to the UK so he could find work, his first reaction was to sell it for a few pints of beer in the local pub ( and I was not exactly overflowing with money at the time, out of a job myself briefly ).

I thought he was an exception, but now I'm beginning to wonder - as said, let's see how they like it under Russian rule !

If it's so bloody strategic, well I'm sure there's a way round that,

A, I don't think even Putin is daft enough to start WWIII,

B, It might kick our politicians - of any flavour, the tories are just as bad - into funding things like a decent amount of Type 45 ships & Astute class subs, and keeping to their promises re. CVF & JSF, also Typhooon tranche 3.

Yours not particularly optimistically,

DZ