PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND - 2
Thread: SOUTHEND - 2
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2009, 13:44
HZ123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can the plan not be eventually to dispose of SEN and build houses on it. ES also have a property portfolio. Irrespective of the ownersuip of the airport and the management of the same the last 10 years has achieved absolutely nothing, least of all in passenger traffic. I cannot see how there is even a catchment area for business people to fly CAX-SEN. CAX is only 45 miles from NCL that has facilities to accept any size of aircraft I believe. I am not aware of any blue chip businesses in the CAX areas, therefore who from SE & Essex will wish to travel there. The flight promise has always been to popular EU destinations of which CAX aint one of them. As for cargo the time this comes about the ATP will have ceased to fly.
SEN needs things to happen fast and now. If the third runway gets the go ahead this month then STN, LTN and LGW will have even more SLOT capacity in the future and likely outcome would see any regional airport plans sunk without trace. Surely ES has got to have some far better and futuristic plans if SEN is to expand. These plans are the sort that used to be written on the back of a fag packet and maybe familiar tp those of us that used to attend Airport / Airline management courses.