PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Atlanta Icelandic
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2009, 13:02
Podunk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FLASH MESSAGE from Direct Personnel -

AAI world-wide contract as of 1 Feb 09 will be offered to "SELECT" ex-pats at a flat 10% pay-cut, including 10% cut in perdiems from $50/day to $45/day. My buds with Airborne have not commented (maybe not yet notified).

No word as to when all the guys on unpaid leave will be called back to work. Still, I can't fathom the reason for "anyone" to sign an INTERIM contract - just to keep for your place in the queue - while on unpaid leave. Hmmmm - "Do I have a contract.... or a job .... or a promise.......?"

One consolation is that AAI management and office staff in Iceland have also gratiously accepted an "interim" 10% cut as well......let me cogitate that one for a moment.

Nope.... still sounds like the ex-pat contractors are getting rooted without the post-coital "Kiss".

FIA (aka FFF) still NOT happy with results .... but are much safer from the Icelandic tax man, now that their immediate nuclear families have all departed to the out-bases. I guess you can't tax someone you can't get back into the country to put in jail. Well done, Boge! a veritable coup ! (Is Helgi even talking to you these days?)