PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iran CAA contacts - overflight permits
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2009, 13:01
sirinx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iran CAA contacts - overflight permits

Hello all,

For the past couple of weeks we have been having great troubles contacting Iran CAO / flight permission unit.

We used to send our overflight permit requests via AFTN (OIIIYKYX, OIIIYAYX, OIIIYAYM) and they always replied quite quickly. However, recently there has been no response from their side. Fax no. listed in Jeppesen does not work; after a couple of phone calls that usually no one answered we got another fax number that seemed to work - later on phone they confirmed they received it and also said that they did not get any AFTN message from us (although we sent at least fifteen of those in the past few days).
To approve the flights, however, the fax message was apparently not sufficient -- they asked for confirmation via Telex and were very surprised (laughing loudly) that we are not equipped with such a machine.

So my question no. 1 is - How do you request o/f permits from Iran?
Question no. 2 - I just discovered that I can send a telex message from SITATEX. What is the address format I should use? Doing some googling I found the following contact: "Telex: 213889 EPD IR". Jeppesen says "EP DIR - 213889".
SITATEX would only let me enter 8 characters and the first three must apparently be letters, not numbers.

Sorry for the messy post, I hope you got my point
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Pavlina