PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOA funding of UK retirement age appeal
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2009, 12:34
boxjockey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iceman and others,

Respectfully. If the age 65 is unilaterally imposed, which is likely if the outcome of the court case in the UK goes the way of the plaintiff, then it will make it MUCH harder for me to retire at 55. What about that can't you comprehend? You worked here for how many years, never lifting a finger to change the retirement age, even though most everywhere in the world observed an age 60 retirement. Now that you are presumably on your way out, you want to ride the gravy train for a few more years, to the serious detriment of the junior crew. Yet your band of merry fellows is saying we are the ones pushing a division in the union. It looks to me like we are simply trying to protect what we have now in the face of your opposition. I don't want this to be something that divides our union. I have been a member of ALPA for quite some time, and I understand the importance of a strong union. Just don't expect me and my junior colleagues to stand idly by and not protect our OWN careers. I truly hope that we can work something out that will benefit all, but as optimistic as I am, the past evidence and current climate don't inspire much confidence.

box