PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BPIAA Rumor or Truth
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2009, 04:51
Mario Brothers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Latest News From Bautou Base

Sebastian,

This email you sent out is laughable. You're a politician, bubba!! I "beg?" Ha Ha Ha!!!!! You make "demands," and now you "beg."

What is it with all you guys still there? The entire aviation world is laughing at you!! Since when did Panscam EVER put safety first? And your "begging" is really going to solve the situation!!!

Here is the latest from my FORMER assistant chief! Enjoy:

Sent: Friday, January 9, 2009 6:23:05 PM
Subject: From Baotou Base

Mr. Li
Mr. Butt
Mr. Qian
Mr. Chen

Today I received a phone call from different students asking me if I would Fly tomorrow January 10, 2009. I also heard that Baotou Base will resume operations.

This email is to inform you that NOBODY, contact me to let me know that we will fly tomorrow. Since I am the Assistant Chief Pilot in Baotou Base, I am supposed to review all the conditions before resume operations if the Chief Pilot is not at the Base. This is AGAIN, a totally disrespect to me.

I am letting you know that I DO NOT agree to start flying again tomorrow for the following reasons.

1) I don't think students will progress flying with different instructors. It will be a waste of time and money for the company.

2) Maintenance, Dispatch and Instructors didn't get paid for almost 3 month and they are VERY UPSET with the current situation, this is totally UNSAFE!!!

3) The Stress within the flying staff was push to the limit already for the last 3 month. UNSAFE!!

4) There is no authority from the flight department to control the operations. UNSAFE!!

5) Most of the instructor and Students didn't fly for a month UNSAFE!! and the students are already PUSHING the instructors to fly. UNSAFE!!!

6) We Don't have Medical Insurance.

I beg all the leaders of Beijing Pan Am, to cease operations until after the Spring Festival for SAFETY REASONS, give time to the Directors to get the new money and start operations normally again. This is not a "Strike" the foreigners here were supporting Pan Am for the last 3 month, BUT I THINK ALL THIS CIRCUMSTANCES PUSHED THE SAFETY TO THE LIMIT. We stop flying a month ago waiting for the 141 certification, OUR LIFE and SAFETY ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAT THE 141. and the current conditions are still the same or worse today than 1 month ago.

Since It seems to me that my position is not necessary anymore, I will process and talk with HR to go back as a regular flight instructor.

I hope all of you agree with me on this email.

Thank you very Much,

Happy Spring Festival!