PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Appenticeships! (Yes another thread on this subject, sorry!)
Old 9th Jan 2009, 21:59
Lewy-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Appenticeships! (Yes another thread on this subject, sorry!)

Well, my two main passions in life. One being aviation. The other being engineering and technical stuff. Combine the two, and you get my perfect career.

I've been looking for apprenticeships in Heavy Goods Vehicle engineering, but have recently questioned myself as to why im not looking harder for aviation replated ones.
But since i have been looking, i havent had much luck, even though there does seem to be a good amount of advice out there!

My main problem is my location. I live in Ipswich in Suffolk, nearest commercial Airport being Norwich, with some engineering companies based in Essex.
And im not too keen on re-locating at my age of 18 and with no financial backing to do so.
I can handle a commute to Norwich airport at most for example.

Overall...If anyone has any advice on anywhere that currently -are- offering apprenticeships for aircraft engineers/techs, i would be incredibly greaful for any information and knowledge you could spare my way.

And not forgetting...while i may have good practical skills and some technical knowledge though time spent at college and self study...i have no formal engineering qualifications, and a poor maths and english grade, despite the fact i have proven myself to be able to work with maths and English in a practical situation to the minimum required level.

Thankyou all in advance for any help!!

Cheers,

Lewis!